Our Top 19 Digital Marketing Trends of 2019
Goodbye 2019! Hellooooo 2020! Throw confetti, sound the party horns, and let’s boogie like it’s 1999 (which is now over 20 years ago – let that sink in for a second).
To honor 2019, we have decided to give you a list of the top 19 trends of the year on our 19th episode of ASKyH, but that would have been too long an episode. So, we’re giving you 5 trends there and 19 here!
Strap on your boots, and let’s get crackin’!
- Video Marketing – By helping increase audience engagement, this is one of the most versatile tools in the digital marketing arsenal.
- Facebook Audience Network – This in-app advertising network for mobile apps allows advertisers to extend display ads outside of Facebook, while still utilizing Facebook’s ad system.
- Instagram Poll Sticker – Poll stickers are a great way to engage with an audience and learn what they may be more interested in. This can help with marketing your product or producing a better product in the future.
- Discovery Ads – Native ads that appear in multiple channels. Ads will appear based on users’ past site visitations, app downloads, videos watched and map searches.
- Playable Ads – An interactive video for Facebook that allows users to try a small demo of an app before they download it.
- TikTok – This video-sharing social network has grown in popularity since its release in 2017. Users create short lip-sync, comedy, and talent videos. This presents a great opportunity as a platform for advertisements!
- Social Media – Social media plays a big role in your site’s performance now. The more a site is liked and interacted with, the more likely it is to rank well.
- Website Content – If you don’t know by now, content is everything for your site’s success. This includes texts, visuals, and/or aural content.
- Visual Search – This is the ability to run a search by placing an image into the search engine. The results are displayed through images as well.
- Technical SEO – Essentially, you’re helping search engines access, crawl, interpret and index your website easily and smoothly.
- UX SEO – Elements of User Experience now play an important role in SEO. While SEO is geared towards search engines, UX is aimed towards the site visitors.
- Google Mobile-Friendly – How easily can people use your website on their mobile device? The world is becoming mobile-first. Your site should do the same.
- Apple Arcade – Apple’s new gaming subscription service allows mobile gamers to get premium games right in their pocket!
- Google Play Pass – Google’s subscription service that offers hundreds of games and apps free of ads and in-app purchases!
- Dark Mode iPhone – Your phone can now see in the dark! Ok. That’s not really what it means. Dark mode reduces eye strain in low light conditions and makes text more readable.
- Google Play Keywords – Keywords have always been important. The Google Play Console has started to show the amount of traffic received from certain key phrases.
- Google Play Setup – The Play Store has updated their setup to be more creative-based. Users are able to see videos and screenshots within their search results, making these assets much more important.
- Creative Technology – Creatives play a vital role in a campaign. Companies have begun using technology to identify elements of these creatives to get the best results.
- Google Acquires Looker – On the tech side of things, Google acquired the platform for business intelligence, data applications, and embedded analytics – Looker.
Well, that’s all folks! Our top 19 trends of 2019. What do you think of these top trends? Is there anything you think we missed? Let us know in the comments section of our YouTube video.
Don’t forget to like and subscribe to our channel for new videos. Or, in this case, to our newsletter to stay up-to-date on all of our blog posts.